|Event Speaker for Life Sciences LCI|
|Are you a subject matter expert in life sciences (e.g., pharma, medical devices, biotech, medical, healthcare) and/or thought leader in project management as it is used in the life sciences?
Do you enjoy speaking to an audience to share your expertise and help educate your fellow life science project managers?
Then PMINJ’s Life Sciences LCI (local community of interest) is looking for you! We are seeking experts to volunteer to present original content for events targeted to project management professionals within the Life Sciences industry, in event formats such as an individual speaker presentation, a panel discussion, facilitator for small group discussions or others. Our events are currently virtual – you’ll be supported by an event team that manages our virtual platform to provide a seamless experience for you and our audience.
To learn more about the LCI and previous event topics:,https://www.pminj.org/nj_lifesci-lci.mr
for this role:
|· Develop and enhance your professional branding as a thought leader, and create awareness of your subject matter expertise by presenting a webinar
· Strengthen presentation skills
· Expand your network
· Earn PDUs (if you have a PMI® certification)
|Note: Life Sciences LCI virtual events are typically 1-hour including audience Q&A, and held on a weeknight at 7:00pm.
· Provide a brief abstract / overview of the proposed presentation content.
· Meet with Life Sciences LCI team members (virtual) to discuss proposal; if accepted, select event date & time (we work with the speaker’s schedule).
· Agreement to honor commitment to scheduled event date & time, and deadlines for pre-event preparation tasks and time.
· Prepare for event, e.g., prepare draft materials (such as slide deck, poll questions, etc.), meet with LCI team members to refine & finalize, rehearse on your own to ensure content fits within time slot and conduct a “dry-run” with the team prior to the event date.
· Log in at requested time and deliver presentation/event.
· Participate in short post-event debrief immediately after event.
· If applicable and agreed-to, write up brief responses to unanswered questions from event.
|· Ability to prepare presentation content using PowerPoint or similar platform.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including collaboration and teamwork
· Organizational skills to meet deadlines.
|8 to 15 hours over 3 months|
In Person - N
Virtual - Y
Both - N
hold multiple positions:
Click Apply below to complete the volunteer application.
Otherwise click Review Other Opportunities.